FACP Ambassador Forum 2 - From Classic to Contemporary:
The Finesse of Enhanced Cutting
The FACP Ambassador Forum 2 “From Classic to Contemporary: The Finesse of Enhanced Cutting” was successfully held on 22nd September.
- A highlight video of six FACP Alumni sharing their insights and perspectives on the Master Programme.
- The Savile Row canvas-shaping techniques on traditional jacket making was also presented during the Forum.
- Live showcase by six FACP Alumni presenting their newly procreated outfits of contemporary techniques on Menswear/Womenswear. The new creations are the amalgamation of their own technical flair combined with the knowledge acquired from the Master Programmes to achieve the enhanced cutting & shaping effect.
- Mr. Lai Chi Ling, Sign : Founder / Technical Designer of TAILOR SIGN
- Mr. Chong Man Chun, Stephen : Founder & Chief Stylist of THE LANCELOT, Bespoke Tailor
- Mr. Chan Yan Lun, Yally : Head Cutter of CUTTER & TAILOR, Menswear
- ANTEPRIMA Design Team
Ms. Dilys Yiu : Design Director
Ms. Ho Ching : Fashion Design Manager
Ms. Chung Tsui Mei : Senior Technical Designer
- Mr. Ho Kwan Lam, Kevin : Director & Designer of Kevin Ho Limited
- Mr. Wong Yun Ming, Bill : BA Degree fresh graduate, School of Fashion & Textiles, HK Poly U
FACP Ambassador Forum 1 cum Certificate Awards Ceremony
All Fashion Atelier Certificate Programme (FACP) participants have successfully completed the Menswear and the Womenswear Pattern Drafting, Cutting, Fitting & Tailoring courses of Savile Row Academy in Hong Kong. The first Ambassador Forum 1 cum Certificate Awards Ceremony was held successfully on 8th July 2022 in the Hong Kong Design Institute. Fashion design practitioners, academics, students & alumnus attended the forum.
The audience were greatly inspired by the Course Alumni cum Programme Ambassadors, selected from different sectors of the fashion industry, for their sharing and perspectives of the FACP Course(s). The Forum was moderated by Janet Cheung - Chief Curator & Project Director of FACP/HKFDA.
Course Commencement Ceremony
The Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association held a Course Commencement Ceremony for the Fashion Atelier Certificate Programme (FACP) on 10th June 2022, with Mr. Victor Tsang, Head of CreateHK; Mr. Brian Davidson, CMG, Consul General, British Consulate General; Professor Andrew Ramroop OBE, Principal of Savile Row Academy; and Dr. Ong Lay Lian, Principal of HKDI as officiating guests.
It’s truly been our pleasure to have the support and participation from HK Government; British Consulate; and the fashion industry at the ceremony. We hope that our guests have enjoyed the inspiring speeches of our officiating guests, together with the video interview with Prof. Andrew Ramroop OBE, bringing fresh perspectives and insights to the local fashion practitioners. Here are the exciting highlights for your review.
Master Talk 1:
London Savile Row Academy
in Hong Kong
The Master Talk 1, themed on “London Savile Row Academy in Hong Kong”, was held successfully on 14th December 2021 in both physical and online (hybrid) modes. Fashion design practitioners, academics, students & alumni attended the talk held by Professor Andrew Ramroop OBE, Principal of the London Savile Row Academy, who shared his inspirations and insights on the essence of bespoke tailoring and the adoption of digital technology in the fashion creation process.